PERTH ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
Friday JULY 21, 2017
DATE: Friday 21st July 2017
LOCATION: The Pinnacles, Western Australia
Time: 4:30pm – 7:30/8pm
Hosts: DK Photography
& Hamish Stubbs Photography
Session Length & Location
· The workshop will run for approximately 3 hours
· Location: Nambung National Park, Nambung WA 6521, Australia. Aka: ‘The Pinnacles’. It is a 2 hour drive from Perth. Take the State Route 60 then via the Indian Ocean Drive. Drive into the Carpark a few km’s in from the Highway to the Meeting Point by no later than 4:30pm.
· Beginners – Intermediate
· Small class of approximately 12 people
· Learn tips on how to take photos in low light situations
· Introduction and use of the Nisi Night Filter
· Meet like minded photographers in a fun environment
· Fundamentals of photography – recommendations of equipment, ideal composition and camera settings
· Apps used to predict Milky Way movement/tracking & planning shoots
· Introduction to the NiSi Night Filter range
· Practicing techniques in the field – its time to get hands on firstly with a demonstration of settings, focusing composition and framing
· Coaching in the field – we will work with each participant to increase their knowledge and help perfect their techniques
What participants need to bring
· A $12 National Park fee is required per vehicle
· Own camera equipment (DSLR & wide angle lens with a low aperture of f/2.8 (preferred, not essential, contact us prior as we have some gear we maybe able to lend you), a sturdy tripod, cable release/remote, memory card & batteries.
· A bottle of water/snacks
· Head torch
· Comfortable, warm clothing
· Did we mention warm clothes? ;) It can get very cold at The Pinnacles in winter time so we recommend warm pants, an extra jacket and a beanie/gloves…just in case!
· Closed in shoes
Other Important Info
· This workshop is suitable for ages 18+ with a basic level of fitness (there is a small amount of walking - you will need to carry your own equipment on the night
· Weather – if the weather is forecast for severe conditions the experience may have to be rescheduled
· If required; accommodation is available at the nearby town of Cervantes or Jurien Bay (booking essential).
· Note – NO 24hr FUEL STATIONS – fill up your vehicle in Perth before you leave.
· Remember to bring your Mobile Phone in case we need to contact you, for downloading Apps and if you’d like to take any notes
Unfortunately, weather is unpredictable, so just in case your workshop is cloudy/overcast and would there for be cancelled, we have allocated a “back up” on Sunday Night (July 23rd 2017 at 4:30pm at the same location, ‘The Pinnacles’) if your workshop is subsequently rescheduled. We ask that you only book your place in this workshop if you will also be available on the Sunday evening as there is no refund.
EVENT proudly sUPPORTED by
© DK Photography
All images, photographs, and prints are exclusive property and may not be copied, downloaded, reproduced, transmitted, manipulated or used in any way without written permission of the photographer.