Gold Coast ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
SUNDAY JULY 16, 2017
DATE: Sunday 16th July 2017
LOCATION: Fingal Lighthouse, New South Wales
Time: 4:30pm – 7:30/8pm
Host: DK Photography
Session Length & Location
· The workshop will run for approximately 3 hours
· Location: 1 Lighthouse Parade, Fingal Head NSW 2487, Australia. Please arrive at the Meeting Point in the Car Park by no later than 4:30pm.
· Beginners – Intermediate
· Small class of approximately 10 people
· Learn tips on how to take photos in low light situations
· Introduction and use of the Nisi Night Filter
· Meet like minded photographers in a fun environment
· Fundamentals of photography – recommendations of equipment, ideal composition and camera settings
· Apps used to predict Milky Way movement/tracking & planning shoots
· Lets talk filters! Introduction to the NiSi Night Filter range
· Practicing techniques in the field – its time to get hands on firstly with a demonstration of settings, focusing composition and framing
· Coaching in the field – we will work with each participant to increase their knowledge and help perfect their techniques
What participants need to bring
· Own camera equipment (DSLR & wide angle lens with a low aperture of f/2.8 (preferred, not essential, contact us prior as we have some gear we maybe able to lend you), a sturdy tripod, cable release/remote, memory card & batteries.
· A bottle of water/snacks
· Head torch
· Comfortable, warm clothing
· Did we mention warm clothes? ;) It can get very cold at The Fingal Lighthouse in winter time so we recommend warm pants, an extra jacket and a beanie/gloves…just in case!
· Closed in shoes
OTHER IMPORTANT INFO
· This workshop is suitable for ages 18+ with a basic level of fitness (there is a small amount of walking - you will need to carry your own equipment on the night
· Weather – if the weather is forecast for severe conditions the experience may have to be rescheduled
· If required; accommodation is available nearby in Tweed Heads (booking essential).
· Remember to bring your Mobile Phone in case we need to contact you, for downloading Apps and if you’d like to take any notes etc.
Unfortunately, weather is unpredictable, so just in case your workshop is cloudy/overcast and would there for be cancelled, we have allocated a “back up” on Monday Night (July 17th 2017 at 5:30pm-8:30pm at the same location at Fingal Lighthouse) if your workshop is subsequently rescheduled. We recommend that you book your place in this workshop if you will also be available on the Monday evening. A full refund will be given if both dates are cancelled due to bad weather and another workshop will be rescheduled at a later date.
EVENT proudly sUPPORTED by:
© DK Photography
All images, photographs, and prints are exclusive property and may not be copied, downloaded, reproduced, transmitted, manipulated or used in any way without written permission of the photographer.